Hi all. Due to coronavirus, the way we are taking in new wildlife admissions has changed. Below are the steps we are asking you to take in order to keep everybody safe.
- Please contact the animal care team on 07951285366 in order to get advice about a wild animal and/or to book a time slot to bring it in to the centre. If you are unable to get through to us please text us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note, we are only open 9-4 so if the text is left after this time, do not expect a reply until the following morning. If you need urgent help, please contact your local veterinary practice or the RSPCA.
- Please bring the animal to us in a box that you are able to leave behind. If you are unable to do so, please inform the staff member when booking your time slot and other arrangements will be made.
- When you arrive at the centre for your time slot, please text the animal care team to let them know that you have arrived. Please wait in your car until you receive a text with instructions of where to go.
- When you enter the room as requested, there will be nobody else in the room with you. Hand sanitiser will be available. Please leave the box with the animal in on the table and fill out the form as detailed by instructions in the admissions room.
- We ask that only one person comes into the building.
- There will be a reference number on the form which you can use to contact us to enquire about the animal that you have brought into the centre.
- Please leave the room promptly as there may be other patients waiting. This also allows us to assess and treat the patient you have brought into us as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.